Tuesday 26 June 2012

TangleTeezer Review


After reading so many reviews about Tangle Teezers I decided to check them out for myself and see what all the fuss is about. I have naturally thick hair, which I'm the first to confess, I don't take very good care of. My hair tangles very quickly outdoors and brushing normally involves tugging, hair loss and flat limp hair. 

"Whether you wear long hair, short hair, have highlights, hair extensions, an afro or a weave, the Tangle Teezer will detangle and smooth your hair into superb condition.
The Tangle Teezer dramatically reduces hair breakage, splitting and damage, resulting in beautifully shiny hair. After brushing, your hair will feel silky to the touch and stunning to look at.
The Tangle Teezer is a must-have for Mums! It’s loved by children as it helps them get rid of their painful tangles quickly and effortlessly!"

Reading this description and the reviews I have seen on Boots and the blogosphere made it a must try for me so I snapped it up a few weeks ago. I was really excited to use this and got it out of the box pretty much straight away. And to be honest, I was really dissapointed!
To me the TangleTeezer feels like any other hairbrush! I still had the same pulling, although my hair did seem shinier, but because my hair is so thick the teeth didn't reach right through to my scalp and I had to almost section my hair to brush it properly.
The brush is designed to fit comfortably in the palm of your hand for a no-slip grip and maximum comfort but I just couldn't get the hang of it, it felt so weird to be brushing my hair without a handled brush!

The tangle teezer has however found a place in my handbag, as it takes up less space than a regular hairbrush, but it's not the wonder product I hoped it would be. A lot of people have used it and loved it but I just can't get it to work for me! (Maybe because my hair wasn't in great condition in the first place?) I think it would be better suited to finer hair types. As for using with children I have no idea as I'm not a mother but I will probably try this out on my 5 year old nieces!

What do you think of the TangleTeezer? Do you think it lives up to it's claims? 



No comments:

Post a Comment